Kaimai School has a new Principal

/
0 Comments
We are pleased to announce that the position of Kaimai School Principal has been filled!  Justin Bertrand, who is currently Principal at Motumaoho School,  just outside of Morrinsville. This is the introduction he has sent for us.

Hello Kaimai School, it is with much excitement and enthusiasm that I am writing to you as your new school Principal.  I feel privileged to have won my way through the recruitment process and I now eagerly await Term 4 when I get to meet you all and join the Kaimai Family. I have been in education for nearly 20 years. In that time, I have taught in schools with rolls ranging from 14 – 700. I have taught all age groups from year 1 – 8 in schools from Wellington to Hamilton and even London. I come to your beautiful school as a ‘leading principal’ – this means that I have been a principal for 9 years+ in New Zealand schools.  I have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience that will be of benefit to Kaimai School. I am particularly excited to see what Kaimai School is doing around Play Based Learning. I have been following your work in this area and am motivated by the opportunity to help develop the program throughout the school.

I’m sure that you will all be as curious about me as I am about you all. I am married to Claire, who is a teacher. We have two daughters, Annelise 11, and Georgia 9.
Outside of work I enjoy running, playing social netball and helping out with my daughters’ various sports teams.  As a family we are keen on the outdoors and like to cycle together and spend time at the beach, either here at the Mount or in Whangamata.   

I look forward to meeting you all and working at Kaimai School.  I will always be visible before and after school so please feel free to come and introduce yourself and have a chat.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Nga mihi nui
Justin Bertrand